Consider taking advantage of the introductory rate on the Citibank Online Saver account because you can earn 3.40% p.a. on balances between $0 to for the first 4 months your account is open. You can also nominate any Australian bank account to be your linked account.
You can also set up a regular savings plan and access your accounts through online, mobile, phone and your tablet.
Features and benefits for the Citibank Online Saver
- Interest rate. A competitive 3.40% p.a. bonus variable interest rate for the first 4 months of your account. A high standard rate after 4 months, currently 2.60% p.a. variable.
- You can apply online. This means you can apply for a new Citibank Online Saver account in less than ten minutes and be earning interest on your savings as soon as the next business day. Rather than having to wait in line at a branch or hang around on hold with a bank, you can apply online whenever you have a few spare minutes, plus, if you're already a Citibank customer the application is even quicker.
- You're not required to have or maintain a minimum balance. So no matter what your financial situation or your savings goal, you don't have to feel excluded because your deposit is not large enough. Instead, you can use a Citibank Online Saver to give your savings a boost in the first 4 months, at the end of which you may have reached a goal balance for a special purchase, or you now have enough funds to look at higher yield investment options.
- Fee free saving. With the Citibank Online Saver account you don't have to worry that this offer is too good to be true, because there are no hidden fees to open the account and you won't be charged any transaction fees by Citibank for making deposits or withdrawals from your account.
- A 4 month promotional interest rate. Being able to earn 3.40% p.a. interest on your savings for an entire 4 months after you open a Citibank Online Saver account gives you a real opportunity to kick start a savings plan. A 4 month promotional interest rate period is also much longer than the promotional period you will find with any other online savings account and is perfect if you have a short to medium goal like a holiday or a home renovation.
- You can link to any existing personal bank account. You don't have to nominate a Citibank transaction account as the linked account for your Online Saver account, you can link to any personal account you already have so you don't have to switch transaction account providers if you are happy. Plus, linking to a non-Citibank account means that while your funds are at call and available if you need them in an emergency, they are not immediately available and this means there is less chance you'll make an impulse buy, with an instant savings transfer.
- Your savings are at call. While you are able to earn an interest rate comparable to most fixed term deposit accounts, you still have access to your funds and you won't be penalised with fees or lower interest rates for accessing your savings. You can also manage your account entirely online, at any time of the day or night to make transfers in or out, or just to monitor your progress.
- You can set up direct deposits to your savings account. Not only can you set up an automatic savings plan from your transaction account to your Citibank Online Saver, you can even have your wages or other interest income deposited directly into your Online Saver, so you don't have to remember to make the transfer, and you're not tempted to spend your savings before they reach your savings account.
- Anyone over 18 can open a Citibank Online Saver. This means that just about anyone with any income stream can start a regular savings plan with a high interest online account from Citibank. You can even open the account in joint names to boost your contributions from two wages, or encourage your children to open an Online Saver when they finish school and start working to get them into good financial habits for life.
- $0 monthly fee
- $0 opening balance required
- Free international Citibank ATM use
- Must be over 18 to apply
How to apply for the Citibank Online Saver
If you would like to find out more information about this account, please click on our secure links to be taken to the Citibank enquiry page.
Joint accounts are available.
- You are at least 18 years old
- You're a permanent resident of Australia
- You have the details on your linked account handy
I've already held a Citibank Online Saver in the past, do I still qualify for the bonus interest?
If you've already held this account in your name, you won't be eligible for the bonus interest. However, you still receive the standard variable interest rate.